something is wrong with new pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the processor is dead, you would think itwould beep at you. Just ike booting up without a processor installed...it beeps liek crazy.

Have you tried reseating everything? Test parts in another motherboard before you pinpoint a problem and look into getting it replaced.

Armethion said:
there is no heat at all....does that mean its dead?

If I had to make an educated guess I woul say it's the CPU. For the price of CPU's, it's well worth the time/money to bring it to a computer repair shop where they can test a different cpu in your machine.

well, i tried a different processor in it, and i tried different ram. but still the same reaction... it isnt either of them

Then your Mobo is singled out. I believe earlier you tested a different graphics card yes?

i dont know much about AMDs but with Intel P4 mobos theres a "p4" power connector, that went out on one at school and had to get a new PSU, if you can try a new psu only if you have that p4

no, the graphics card is the only thing i havent tried out. i have a feeling it is the graphics card. ill tgry one soon and post the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom