best mobo+proc for $170

Status
Not open for further replies.

ip_impost3r

Solid State Member
i just got $170 from my bikes being stolen and my mobo in other pc is messed up,what do you suggest i get with the money,my old mobo+proc was a chaintech 7aia5+AMD Duron 1.1, 256mb Ram.be glad to hear all suggestions although i know $170 isnt much to work with.

i wanna try and stick with amd but i really just want my other computer back running,but hopefully a lil faster than 1.1ghz,i'm open for all options.

ip_impost3r said:
i wanna try and stick with amd but i really just want my other computer back running,but hopefully a lil faster than 1.1ghz,i'm open for all options.

what i suggested was AMD. It's a 2.0GHz mobile processor on a very nice motherboard (same mobo i run actually lol). It says 1.8GHz but thats bullhunky lol. It'll do 2.0GHz like it was running stock, they are great little processors.

Hmm, yes you'll need new memory then.

You COULD jsut psend that $170 on old hardware that supports your old RAM...but isn't that entirely counter productive? Spending your cash on old technology that won't give you a speed boost?

I would suggest going with the Socket A 2400+, and NF7-S mobo (or any newer Socket A hardware you wish) and jsut wait till you can get another ~$50 or so and get 512MB of DDR RAM to go with it. (PC3200 would be great if u can affod it, but don't go lower than PC2100)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom