something is wrong with new pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dunno about teh mobo being dead, i just think i am an idiot and did something wrong. where would i plug teh speakers into on the mobo? if the speakers worked maybe i could get a bios beep that would tell me something i did wrong.

and i cant login. i havent installed windows. the cd drive wont open.

here are all sorts of pics of teh mobo, can you give me some tips on what i may have done, something i may not have plugged in or something?
motherboard

Have you tried taking out all nonessential hardware. Take everything out, only leave in the video card, cpu, and memory. Boot it up, tell us what happens including any beeps you hear.

Armethion said:
i dunno about teh mobo being dead, i just think i am an idiot and did something wrong. where would i plug teh speakers into on the mobo? if the speakers worked maybe i could get a bios beep that would tell me something i did wrong.

and i cant login. i havent installed windows. the cd drive wont open.

here are all sorts of pics of teh mobo, can you give me some tips on what i may have done, something i may not have plugged in or something?
motherboard

Wait a minute, you haven't installed Windows? Have you tried clearing the CMOS BIOS?

Armethion said:
one problem, i dont know how do get the audio working... any help with that?

It sounds like audio is the least of your problems, and if you don't have windows installed, what exactly to you expect to hear?

4-pin molex connector above gfx slot, 24-pin power, 4-pin ATX 12v power above CPU socket, seem to be most important. hmm...does ur gfx card nees its own 4-pin power from the PSU?

do what bassmaster said and see if it works.

what good would clearing the cmos bios do if i cant access the bios?
the system basically dosent boot. the cpu and teh video card seem to be functioning but i get a blank screen and nothing else.

Armethion said:
what good would clearing the cmos bios do if i cant access the bios?
the system basically dosent boot. the cpu and teh video card seem to be functioning but i get a blank screen and nothing else.

If your video card is configured wrong in your BIOS, clearing it will reset it. It takes 30 seconds to clear your BIOS (in most cases), it's worth a shot. Did you take out all the other hardware like I said before?

i took out everything except cpu video card and ram. like before, the fans on everything are spinning excpet no response on the monitor, no beeps.
i havent went into bios or configured anythong at all. but i cleared cmos anyway.

Armethion said:
i took out everything except cpu video card and ram. like before, the fans on everything are spinning excpet no response on the monitor, no beeps.
i havent went into bios or configured anythong at all. but i cleared cmos anyway.

So it's narrowed down to a few things. Motherboard, memory, CPU or graphics card. Have you verified that any of those components work by putting them in another system?

Boot it up, let it run for a few minutes, even if it doesn't do anything.

Put your hand on the heatsink of the cpu, is it getting warm? Or is it cold? If it has no heat at all, it's may be your processor is shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom