MSN Messenger

Status
Not open for further replies.

scorpio

Baseband Member
I just reinstalled Windows on my hard drive and I now I can't close MSN Messenger because it keeps saying that some other application is using it. I used to know how to fix this, but that was a long time ago. Something about Internet Explorer and tools, can someone refresh my memory?

Like this:
errpr5mb.jpg

look for something that is short for msn messenger in processes when you bring up windows task manager. msgs.exe or something like that. then kill the process

or you could end all iexplore.exe or msimn.exe processes in the task manager then it should let you close it normally.

None of those work, all I remember is that I know I had to change a setting in either Internet Explorer or Administrative Tools or something.

Are you sure you're talking about MSN Messenger and not Windows Messenger? You should be able to remove Windows Messenger as it is installed with Windows by default, and then go and get MSN Messenger, and nothing else should want to use it.

m3trj said:
Are you sure you're talking about MSN Messenger and not Windows Messenger? You should be able to remove Windows Messenger as it is installed with Windows by default, and then go and get MSN Messenger, and nothing else should want to use it.

He's talking about MSN messenger, the title that says Windows Messenger is wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom