OC Pentium 75 MHz

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't void the warranty. AMD don't lock the jumper on the FX series for you to get extreme speeds.
It DOES void the warrenty dude...just because they have the multipliers unlocked doesn't mean it doesn't void the warrenty. It's a "Use at your own risk" kind of situation. Just because they make it so you can overclock doesn't automatically mean that damages done by OC'ing are under the warrenty, this simply isn't true. They know there are enthusiasts out there who are willing to void a warrenty for the extra speeds.

Regardless though, even if I fried my CPU right now from OC'ing they wouldn't be able to tell.

Haha, it was just an experiment.. I'm going to run it without any cooling compound. Besides, it has this HUGE fan (about 3 inches across) that blows over the CPU and motherboard, and the CPU has about 100 purples spikes (I assumed they are for heat dissipation). Plus, the motherboard has air intake from all four sides, so I don't think it will overheat in the next hundread years (especially since I don't use it at all :D).

One time in high school we didnt have any thermal compound (by we I mean some other guys, I wa not involved, I just heard about it afterward), and I guess they didnt really know what it was for, so they used gum as a compound... GUM!!! They chewed several peices, and flattened it out over the entire surface of the cpu, and clamped a heatsink on there!

Gum wouldnt work, are you insane? Rubber? Why woudl rubber work as a good heat conductor?

I thought it would work good since the stuff is almost the same thickness and texture as the built in pads on some HSF's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom