DVD Shrink Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Him

Fully Optimized
So I was backikng up a DVD, and as it got to 1% it stopped and said "Programming Error, DVD Shrink cannot continue" Anyone ever gotten that? If so, how;d you fix it?

that look like that sony encryption. I would use dvd decrypter or dvd fab decrypter to rip it first

WEll no it isnt decrypted, says so, and I'm using AnyDVD. I'm going to try CloneDVD and get that to the harddrive and shrink it with DVDShrink. Keep the suggestions comming.

Eric: Have you gotten that error before?

i gotten that error plenty of times, and honestly i don't know whats wrong
other times it works then sometime is doesn't
sorry but so far i couldn't find anything to fix it myself
if i find something, imma post it up

It seems as this is the only disc, so far anyway, that I'm getting this error on

Him said:
WEll no it isnt decrypted, says so, and I'm using AnyDVD. I'm going to try CloneDVD and get that to the harddrive and shrink it with DVDShrink. Keep the suggestions comming.

Eric: Have you gotten that error before?

I've gotten that error on movies like the grudge, Saw and other movie that had the Sony ARccOS copy protection or movie that had scratches on it as dvd shrink never handled scratched disc good. I use smartripper for scratched discs

Yeah, good call on DVDShrink to handeling scratched discs too well, that is all too true. I opened up CloneDVD and that worked no problem, but it is slightly on the slow side, but it still worked and, to my suprise, compressed the DVD as well instead of doing a full on 1:1 copy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom