USB in Windows 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveman1230

Beta member
I've never had any problems connecting a USB device in Windows 2000, but I'm trying to hook a USB keyboard up to a laptop windows will recognize it but it seems to load the incorrect drivers or something, it has all the windows updates and sp4, i've tried to manually load the drivers from the keyboard's provided cd and it says that they have nothing to do with the device you are trying to use, i also tried switching the standard PS/2 drivers for the integrated keyboard, and now thats not even working, so now since i log into a domain i'm stuck at the "press Ctrl alt delete to begin" screen, i've tried reverting to last known working hardware profile and manually copying the standard PS/2 drivers back over in the recovery console but niether of the keyboards will work, anyone have any ideas?
thanks

yea i hooked up a mouse and it worked fine, and i've tried the keyboard in every single usb port on the laptop, the main problem right now though is that i can't even access my desktop since the laptop's integrated keyboard doesn't even work now because i loaded the wrong drivers, so i'm stuck at my domain login page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom