Won't partition on a HP Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

comwiz3000

Beta member
Hi!
I have a HP Pavilion dv1122ap laptop which i got a few weeks ago. I recently recieved Windows Vista. So I decided to partition my harddrive for i can have Windows XP & Vista. I got Partition Magic off a friend and and went to partition 3 GB off the harddrive and went to restart it but while it was partitioning it came up with an error saying I can't do it, So i tried again but it still didnt work. So I think HP has blocked me from doing it. But can you please help me get the thing partitioned.

Thanks

Well first off 3GB wont be enough for Vista install. It is about 6Gb big. Aside from that they may have put something on there that stops you not sure. Usually Partition Magic works on everything. Make sure it is a full copy that works on other computers and then try it on the Laptop again. Thats all i can think of.

You know, I've heard that sometimes Partition Magic makes such error, but I've never had this error because I always use Partition Expert. I think it's the easiest and most convenient partitioning software. I just resized my "C" partition and crate new one. I just shrank my "C" partition to create new temporary one for Windows 98 installation. For last 2 years I've resized and copied my partitions several times and didn't have any problem with this program.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom