Install Windows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

onamission

Beta member
I posted a couple weeks ago about setting the fsb when I put in a new motherboard. Long story short, it shorted out in the case, I didn't know it shorted out, and ended up frying the cpu when my man put the heatsink on backwards when I put it back on the old board. LOL.

I finally got it working today because the new cpu came in the mail. Everything started up, including Windows! I didn't partition or reinstall it or anything. I was under the impression that it needs to be reinstalled. Do I have to reinstall it since it works or should I leave it alone?

I know it's a dumb question but it really does confuse me, lol. :)

ya u put that cd windows in ur comp and turn it on ok gots to go feed my pet fish

p.s. get n there nice deep like

Have you changed any hardware apart from the CPU? If not then you don't need to re-instal. If you changed your motherboard to a different model or manufacturer than yes.

Gambit, you need to calm down.

Gee, thanks for the advice. I didn't know you had to put it in nice and deep like and the disk got so hot that it exploded with shrapnel flying everywhere. I lost an eye and now I'm blind.

Yeah new board and cpu. I did just repatition the drive and install Windows even though everything was still working. It just confused me because I didn't know Windows would even boot after you did that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom