My "Hope to Have" Computer -- PLEASE HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geez man, first year and your folks are letting you get a $2000 setup for A and B's. Man i'd have to sell my hands to get anywhere for that set-up!!!

(THen there be no point in buying a computer...shruggs.... Still look cool)

BUY AMD 70% of people can't be wrong! AMD processors are taking the smarter approach to build processors instead of INTEL just shelling their Processors with STEROIDS, all brawn (clockspeed), no brains !

Yes, but you fail to realize one thing. Intel competes with AMD with just sheer clockspeed. They might not do as good in games, but Intels perform better under multitasking, and power hungry apps.

Seriously who cares how either company accomplishes its performance goals?

Is higher IPC somehow "superior" to higher clockspeed? No.

...and then pulls an Intel fanboy stunt...
LOL, what a joke. He says he "prefers" Intel and he gets called a "fanboy". The only "fanboy" comments are "AMD owns" and "if you buy an Intel your a retard". Nothing but f\/ck!ng AMD fanboys.

AMD performs slightly better at gaming.
Intels perform better at multitasking and *most* general apps.

Trust me javascriptman, that system will run any game fantasticly, and all the AMD boys can shout all they want about an extra 5 fps. Just about every budy of mine has an AMD (which I have helped or completely built for them) and I can really notice they are just not at all as smooth as mine why multitasking and doing general computing.

I don't usually get into this crap, but sometimes when it is just too over the top with this sh!t I have to jump in. Personally I like both processors and acknowledge the fact that both have their +/-.

Edit: One more thing while I am on a tangent, why don't all you AMD fanboys "pwn" my scores in the Super PI and 3Dmark threads. :p

No need for that kind of language buddy... Anyway... There's no reason at all to go with a Pentium. That's what these guys are trying to say. You'll be paying more for a processor that runs your game less efficiently. I know you can't usually tell the difference between a 5 FPS, but hey, why argue with it when a more than comparable processor costs less? I don't see how there's even a decision to make.

Ryan

P.S. If you're whining about getting A's and B's for TWO GRAND, you're a spoiled little crap. I got that under my own intiative, if you can call it that taking college courses. You have to be not doing a dang thing in class to get worse grades than that.

No need for that kind of language buddy
I appologize. Sorry to ruffle your vagina feathers.
If you're whining about getting A's and B's for TWO GRAND, you're a spoiled little crap.
Personal flames now, why?
I got that under my own intiative, if you can call it that taking college courses.
WTF? Intiative? What language is that? Did you learn that word taking college courses?

this is going nowhere.

if you prefer Intel, then buy Intel.
I prefer AMD, because they do get better gaming performance. Intel gets better multimedia performance.

Is higher IPC somehow "superior" to higher clockspeed? No.
this is half true. higher clock speeds is not really "worse" than being more efficient, however just boosting clock speeds and nothing else is not how CPU's get better.

I would recommend do not get the Audigy 2. the motherboard has onboard 7.1 sound.
the only advantage to the Audigy 2 is, well practically nothing. not unless you have superhuman ears.

I would also recommend getting OCZ's RAM instead of Corsair's. you're paying more for a brand name if you go for Corsair. OCZ makes better RAM than Corsair

eVGA 7800 GTX $504
it's $55 less than the BFG

wow... idiotec... great post. High quality.

You're making fun of the words I'm using? Real classy. Sorry to exceed your reccomended daily value of vocabulary. Any kid with a 7th grade reading level completely knows what that means.

Back to topic. I agree. If you want an Intel, buy it. We're just trying to point out that there's more than one route. It's your money, so if you feel comfortable with that, then it's probably better. Intels are by no means bad processors, just different.

Ryan

idiotec said:
LOL, what a joke. He says he "prefers" Intel and he gets called a "fanboy". The only "fanboy" comments are "AMD owns" and "if you buy an Intel your a retard". Nothing but f\/ck!ng AMD fanboys.
No, pulling a fanboy stunt is saying you prefer Intel for no reason except that they make pretty boxes. Not liking AMD "just because" doesn't cut it with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom