Lag or no lag, that is the question....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepsiboy700

Fully Optimized
What games or apps would i get lag with:

Patriot 2GB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel

AMD Athlon 64 3700+ San Diego 1GHz FSB I oc'ed to 2.8ghz and did a mod to make my fsb 200mhz from 400mhz, multiplying it to 2000mhz

Leadtek PX6800GT TDH Geforce 6800GT 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 I oc'ed 500mhz/1200mhz.

Im glad i have central air with 2 vents right near my pc with a steady 65 degree climate and a nice thermatake case keeping my temps below 40 degrees c. About the mod. A old friend of my dads took a mod a guy did to another mobo and he applied that to mine, and it worked! Anyway, any lag in anything? How about high/maxed out settings?

To make it easy I game and my dad burns lots of dvds and does video editing and computer modeling and rendering. Name alot of top of the line well known programs in those catagories i might have problems with and also which would run really good. Just so i know which programs to get and which to stay away from. Thanx

quit doing these posts. they're not necessary. I don't know if the purpose is bragging, but if it's not, I'm sorry. I don't think you'll see lag. There's no point in bogging it down with 7 programs anyway, and no single program is going to lag the computer.

Ryan

That kind of a system should be able to handle almost anything you throw at it. It should be able to handle intensive Maya 3dsmax7 rendering.

However, this goes for only singe threaded-apps or single power apps. Don't expect to run two games at the same time or combine rendering and gaming. You need a dual core for that. You'll definitely get lag if you run two apps at once. You'll get lag on an FX-55 or any FX processor when you runs more than one resource heavy app at the same time.

Expect the lag...

well not really any programs will run slow unless you are doing more than 1 at a time.probably some video editing and stuff may slow you down a llittle but but u definitly wont be able to play game and burn dvd at same time since u dont have a dual core and since u put out soo much money and didnt go dual core is sad in my oppinion.

Can I ask how you were able to mod your HTT speed to 2000MHz? It no doubt took a volt mod in order to achieve that kind of stability and I'm interested in seeing where you soldered on the board and where you found the procedure for doing so...and for that matter, what type of board is it?

It just seems strange since the HTT is default 200*5*2 stock anyways, unless of course you are talking about just turning 200*5*2 into 400*5*2 which would equal a 4GHz effective hypertransport bus.

This doesn't seem plausible since exceeding 2000MHz HTT speed can lead to instability and in most cases system crashes, plus increasing the HTT bus won't even yield better bandwidth.

I'm also curious as to how you were able to achieve DDR800 speeds in order to reach a 4GHz HTT bus. If you could post some CPU-Z screenshots that would be nice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom