Really wierd blinking problem, please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxdryicexx

In Runtime
Not sure if this is a hardwear related, os related or program related problem but Its very wierd indeed..

I was using my comp normally like I always do, today.. i used it for about 3 hours running a game, and then i had an unusual graphics glitch, everything went apesh*t on me.. colors were mashed all over my screen, compter got really slow, etc.. so i figured it might of been a ram depletion, so i rebooted comp and even on the windows loading screen while its still in dos, i had graphic problems, the windows logo was all distorted in different colors..

So i turned off the comp again, thinking my vid. card might of been over heated or somehting, but when I went back on after abuot 20 minutes, there was still a problem and still is up to this point.. the problem now is, I am constantly getting monitor blinks, the type of blinks you get when you switch resolutions in windows, it does a quick blink, but this is constant.. I keep getting it every 5 seconds, it doesnt exactly switch resolustions on me, but it seems like it for a split second, then it goes back.. very annoying, i dont know what to do, i ghtought it might of been a virus, but mcafee didnt find anything..

One other wierd thing is, I chcked my sygate firewall for any logs, and found a program running called "spool application", it was blocked from getting to my system by default, and i ended its procsess but i think that might have something to do with it?

I checked my heating temps on MbM, running at 45c cpu so its not that.. My comptuer specs are 512 ddr ram, geforce 4 ti 4400 128mb, 1.5 ghz athlon 1800+, sony monitor..

The only other thing I can think of is my monitor maybe starting to burn out? I have been leavit on alot, and have had it for about 2 years now, but can that be it so soon?

Please help.

if you want to try re-installing windows and drivers if you dont have another vid card to test it or another monitor, best thing to do borrow another monitor just to check it out, (or go to circuit city and buy one and return it, =) ) first then check the vid card, it sounds like the video card to me or a loose connection with the monitor, i dont know why it continually blinks is it like the degauss button when you press on your monitor????

To me it sounds more like a monitor problem rather than the vid. card ..
Try using the monitor on another system ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom