Question about radeon x800pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingAustin

Daemon Poster
I recently bought a sapphire radeon x800pro and I noticed that the specs on it werent the correct ones shown on newegg.com (where I bought it). Newegg says the memory clock is 900mhz and the core clock is 475mhz. When I ran 3dmarks, it said my memory clock was 452.3mhz and my core clock was 472.5. Could anyone help me out with this?

Okay for the memory clock it's 450 * 2 = 900

And the clock, it's a 2.5 mhz difference, which doesnt really matter. Could even be a detection bug.

DJ-CHRIS said:
Okay for the memory clock it's 450 * 2 = 900

And the clock, it's a 2.5 mhz difference, which doesnt really matter. Could even be a detection bug.

Ohhhh ok, so it's right?

It didnt seem as if everything was working right because I went to ravenshield and blasted the graphics up to high and was getting 23 FPS.

My system specs are 3.2ghz P4, 1gig pc3200 RAM, x800pro, 80gig SATA150 HD. Should I upgrade my CPU heatsink/fan also?

KingAustin said:
Ohhhh ok, so it's right?

It didnt seem as if everything was working right because I went to ravenshield and blasted the graphics up to high and was getting 23 FPS.

My system specs are 3.2ghz P4, 1gig pc3200 RAM, x800pro, 80gig SATA150 HD. Should I upgrade my CPU heatsink/fan also?

your CPU is fine, and you should only replace the HSF if your having overheating problems. the reason why your memory is showing up as half is because the X800 Pro has a 256-bit wide memory interface, so whatever clock speed your memory is, double it. the actual clocks are 450MHz, but 900MHz effective because its 256-bit and not 128-bit.

Ok thanks for the info.

I've been thinking about overclocking it just to get a little more power out of it and I already have the ATItool, but could someone give me some safe tips on how to use it? I'm aware the card is pretty powerful stock, but what would be a safe and effective overclocking range?

Heyyo,

25F/S onna x800??? you sure you have good drivers in there?

I can run my 9600 pro on pretty high settings, medium/high and get like 70F/S.

ThE_MarD said:
Heyyo,

25F/S onna x800??? you sure you have good drivers in there?

I can run my 9600 pro on pretty high settings, medium/high and get like 70F/S.

I have the latest drivers installed and all. It was jumping back and forth, but when I would get upclose to something it would drop to 23FPS.

KingAustin said:
Ohhhh ok, so it's right?

There is definately a problem there. Never played Ravenshield, but I assure you you should be getting well more than 23 FPS even with a stock X800 Pro. Are you sure you installed your chipset drivers?

catalystCCjpg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom