Honestly I don'r get it

Status
Not open for further replies.

tooltgle

Baseband Member
Ok so I first bought a regular old after market HSF for my computer but didnt yeild the greatest results. So I got myself a Zalman 7700cu copper heatsink with the 120mm fan on it. Pretty much one of the best ones you can buy. well I bought it and it didnt do a god damn thing. Seriously I put arctic silver 5 on it and everything. Why is it still running at 50C idle and 65 load? somethings not right here.

are you sure you put it on right. Arctic silver and that HDF should be very good. THe only thing i can think of is that you didnt put it on right.

I dont see how i cant put it on right
Ive put on a few HSF's before, I dont understand i mean, its seated on there and level. Is there more to it than that?

How much thermal paste are you using?

What is your motherboard temperature?

What is your ambient temperature?

If your room is 80F and your mobo is heating up...nothing will keep your processor insanely cool as far as air goes.

see case temps and everything are fine. just mobo. room temp is prolly 75. i followed the arctic silver 5 instructions to a T
Either way, is 60C gonna burn it out quick? i know it will quicker but what are we talking, a year?

what are you running AMD what or Intel What. And 60C itsa little high but tis not going to kill or fry it.

running an AMD athlon 64 3200 venice socket 939 oc'ed to 2.5. Thanks for all the input you guys I jsut don't get it. I mean this thing should be running at like 30-40C idle. not 50 and 60 on load.Would adding more AS5 to it help out any? tighten it down more? (which i dont think is possible.) Any help would be awesome

wow yea for a venice, i dont think it should lol, um... man thats so weird, you put the right amount of AS5. its locked down. um.. i would think someone esle can help you out i truley dont know.

give the AS5 time to burn in your temps should start dropping , recomend at least 3-5 days for the best results

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom