Cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.

NIN

In Runtime
I have an athlon xp 2600 and want to overclock the fsb from 333 to 400 mhz. Will I need a better fan to keep her from overheating or will the stock fam be sufficient.

Thanks,
Tom

If you don't have to adjsut voltages then you won't need anything but stock.

MY mobile 2600+ run 400MHz FSB on stock voltage easily. Probably to 220MHz b4 i need more power.

I changed the the fsb value from 166 to 200 and after saving she never posts. just get a solid HD light. No video nothing. Did I miss something or is this MSI stuff junk?

I figured how to boot is safe mode but I still can't get her to run at 200. Just get the black screen of death. I have a K7N2 Delta.

You need more voltage then, either to CPU, NB, or memory. I'd try CPU first, then memory, then NB. up them very slowly in small increments. and keep an eye on temps.

The CPU need more power but I need to go up to 1.75v. what is the danger zone? I ran really unstable at 195mhz. on stock voltage I know I can go 170 but that is not much of a over clock. I try to push more tommarow.

Thanks,
Tom

ru guys serious? wow i got my xp 2500 at 210mhz fsb on 1.70volt a total of 2.314ghz. stock mhz is 1.863ghz

I got an NF7-S v2.0, it uses the NF2 chipset. My mobile took 260FSB lol.

If you are running at 1:1, your memory might also need more voltage, along with your chipset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom