Can Monitors Have An Effect On Your Games If Their Older?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Okuru

Solid State Member
heres the deal, i have a HP Pavilion S70 Monitor....im guessing its around 3 or 4 years old (i cant remember when i recieved it)...but anyway, everytime i enter a game whether it be Gunz The Duel, Ragnarok Online, Kai Online, Gates To Heaven, Etc. , they'll play fine for a couple minutes, but then they'll freeze up. And when they come bac into action they have missing pixels and whatnot. (as seen on the pics below)

im pretty sure this isnt an issue with my graphics card on pc. my friends and i can only come up with the idea that its the monitor, but i wanted to ask some techies or atleast some smarter people about the issue

if you guys have questions for me regarding my system that i can answer to further your knowledge and help me with this issue a bit sooner please reply and ill make sure to answer it within 15 minutes

Heres some pics of Gunz The Duel, an MMO i play that is most effected:

Hmm thats not good, you sure? Cause being 15 i dont really have the funds to replace a GPU, and my parents wont help....i should get a job

lol i play GunZ too.

definetly looks like GPU or NB overheat. NB messed up my gfx when i overlclocked it too far, it was insane.

what are your temps like in game?

i think by temps u mean optimization?
if so i have it set at like 1024x768x16, all the details are on high, etc......basically full blasted....but even on completely low noob detail it still has the missing pixels and crap

Okuru said:
i think by temps u mean optimization?
if so i have it set at like 1024x768x16, all the details are on high, etc......basically full blasted....but even on completely low noob detail it still has the missing pixels and crap

temps = temperatures.

CPU, gfx card, case, temperatures specifically. If your video card gets too hot it will give you results like hwat you are seeing.

how can i check the temps when im in game?
sry im a little unknowledgable atm

Looks like graphics driver to me. Try changing the driver to the latest, or previous driver. Also install the latest version of DX (9.0c).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom