File transfer question

Status
Not open for further replies.
nuke said:
the easist way to attach the files from the mail.

lol he said he had around 6g that'd be practically impossible to do over email-well not impossible but it would take a long time

Or if you're uncomfortable with this stuff, and you have a broadband connection, for $9.95 a month you can get 10 gigs of storage online. Upload from one machine, dowload to another. You can actually get a free account with 10 gigs also, but you can only download 100MB per month.

The website is www.streamload.com

That may work also. I will have to research file transfer a little more and see if anyone would give me some step by step instructions. That would take up their time though so that is a lot to ask.

The cheapest and easiest way would be to go get a cross over cable. YOu wouldn't even have to get a big one because your computers are probably pretty close. Probabloy would only cost like $3 plug each end into each machine. Check each computers work group, you can do that by opening the properties for "My Computer" Make them the same, and then map a new network drive from the tools menu in "My Computer"

Hope that helps a little

My biggest concern is WHAT to backup? What does everyone backup. The MAIN things besides what I just said I was going to back up. I just don't want to forget anything.

Jagged Age said:
The cheapest and easiest way would be to go get a cross over cable. YOu wouldn't even have to get a big one because your computers are probably pretty close. Probabloy would only cost like $3 plug each end into each machine. Check each computers work group, you can do that by opening the properties for "My Computer" Make them the same, and then map a new network drive from the tools menu in "My Computer"

Hope that helps a little

I got ignored when I suggested that

Are you referring to me. I didn't mean to. I am looking into maybe doing that.

When you said map a new network drive from the tools menu in "My Computer"

How would I do that??

make sure your workgroup has the same name on both computers. on xp home it is mshome. on xp pro, it is workgroup. I personally give it a name that I want. right click my computer select properties.

SystemProperties.jpg

Yes, I understand that part it's the part where you say map a new network drive from the tools menu in my computer that I don't get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom