Building custom PC want some imput on the parts please

Status
Not open for further replies.
heh your friend is lying to you

that case aint quiet its what you put in it that makes noise
i.e. FANS on everything gfx card, psu, chipset, cpu, any fan mounts with fans

PNY are some of the worst gfx cards plus they have no tech support

i really would get better ram as i have heard the same sad story several times saying the dfi mobo wont post often if it has cheap ram

i guess they figure you splurged on the mobo so hell you probly splurged on the ram

western digitals aint bad

and imho opinion i think running it on that 400w would e cutting it close and cutting corners on a very large budget

All in all its getting there only question how much did you pay for it
i.e. comp with the stated specs

mmm total cost from newegg is something like 1500 so id say he charged you 100 for assembly which is double what i charge...
and you didnt need that soundcard total waste of money
could have gone towards something else

He charged me 100 but that also because hes travelling 2 hours to come to my house and assemble it, teaching me to do it myself for next time, and performance tuning it... so i dont feel ripped of at all... and i needed that soundcard for using my guitar on my computer... so no was not a waste

Trotter said:
The stock PSU will do you good service...it IS an Antec, after all. Unless your system needs more than 400W, which I doubt. That case is a good case, from what I've read.

I goota agree with the others about the Maxtor frive. I have a WD personally, but I have heard horror stories about the failure rates of Maxtors. I am looking at Seagate's drives... a five years guarantee ain't nothing to sneeze at.

Value RAM works just fine, but it doesn't OC very well. Since the DFI is an overclocker's board, I figure that you will eventually try to OC.

While the DFI has good onboard sound, using a sound card will take those cycles away from the CPU workload.

Looks like a good build.

Sorry, I must not have seen that it was a Antec, good build.

That rig is crap i built mine for only 29.99$ off an infomercial and it works great for all my gaming needs like pac man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom