Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll tell you one aspect of XP that really pisses me off, which is the way it totally removed the networking interface that 2K used.

I can no longer just click on a folder under a share and set NTFS permissions on the files, and I can no longer even really set user-level share permissions for it.

To do anything I have to go through 10 different levels of un-hiding the settings I want.

Tyler1989 said:
You are ignorant, MSDN is not bending over for vista it is so I can get free XP, free Vista, any microsoft OS free, infanant amount of serial keys, Free Visual Studio, among many other goodies. Many people use this service so I dn't know why you are even speaking like it is a bad deal.

To further prove you are ignorant everything is patched even Linux is patched on a daily/weekely baisis.

To again prove you are ignorant Vista is not based on XP pal it's based on Server 2003 SP1. I personally think it will be $300 but I'd love to see a $200 price tag.

Your ignorance goes above all in this one. Yes it does no more clicky with WinFS. Search for what you want just like you were googling your own PC. If you want to be left behind be my guest.

don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing you totally, I'd be curious to know how you cna make these jugdments though when you never used it. And as always you can go in windows components and unistall the apps you don't want and heck every OS does this.

real mature response there tyler, i'm proud of ya
and no i'm not ignorant...i get all that stuff for free too :) but its not free when you pay money to get free stuff is it.
i never said vista was based on xp ....you didnt read and comprehend did you. you missed the whole point of my opinions of vista.
and yes i'm quite aware of their google copy, again you missed it totally ...i mentioned the comparison of its folders and endless subfolders....and i bet theres still many hidden folders which that search wont let you find...all ms os's have that and will still yet require 3rd party software
see thats what i'm talking about...all that bloated crap and everyone will still stop using it and download 3rd party stuff thats why i'd like to see a core version or option
uninstall componants you dont want...funny when the os recreates the backups and puts it right back on there...never tried to uninstall windows movie maker or msn have ya? ..see thats why they make XPlite and Nlite...duh
you dont have far to talk calling me ignorant.

beedubaya said:
I believe the steep requirements are because of a 3D-rendered desktop. From what I've read, none of the new Longhorn features even interest me. It looks like its basically going to be all eye candy, which is not what I look for in an OS.
I love eye candy. Nice things are neat to look at. I hate drab and dreary screens. It makes you feel drab and dreary.

ingeborgdot said:
I love eye candy. Nice things are neat to look at. I hate drab and dreary screens. It makes you feel drab and dreary.

it is worth 300 more dollars? when it comes out somebody will copy it and make a theme pack for 10 or less..

ingeborgdot said:
You mean vista will just be eye candy??

Basically. it's XP plus eye candy. the big new thing was supposed to be winfs. but it don't work. as far as security measures, vista has more in house spying than any other windows OS before it.

xp plus eye candy...thats what they should call it lol, i dont care how much they remade the code, its the same freaking thing, they couldve just made it xp Plus 2 upgrade pack.
but all those pretty themes get boring quick, just like xp's did and then we'll have to download a prog or theme patch just so we can install our own freaking themes and download wallpapers

my whole gripe of vista is that it doesnt change how anyone uses the pc, nothing is really easier or faster in my opinion, i can tell that i'll still have to use alot of 3rd party software, i'll likely still use opera browser and zone alarm and all that other crap so definitly not worth 200 much less 300 bucks, thats stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom