x800 XT and x850 XT

Status
Not open for further replies.
As an x850xt owner, I can say that i'm very satasfied with my video card. Excellent quality on all my games. I also get some A$$-whoopin' scores in 3D Mark 05. (~ 6200 3D Marks)

I know that it doesn't support PS3, but by the time a good game that uses PS3 comes out, I'll be ready to upgrade. Whats another $500-$600 for something that gives me so much pleasure. *hugs computer*

And about your Question, I would go for the X850XT. (if you're going to go with ATI.) :) Obviously the 6800GT is a great card also......

realmike15 said:
ATI cards are not too liked here from what I can see, heh. I always liked my 9800 pro, so I'm not completely ruling out the idea of one, but all this talk of the 6800's will certainly have me doing some more research.

That brings me to my only question, assuming I were to get the ATI, do I go for the x850 xt over the x800 xt. Surprisingly it's cheaper for the x850 at best buy.

9800Pro owned Nvidia's card's at the time. The graphics card industry goes back in forth in who is really better, and sometimes both are better at different thing's. Just because a card was good, doesnt mean their next card is good.

I'd have to say that i'm very satisfied with my X800XTPE as well. I threw and arctic Silencer 4 on it with AS5 all around. I can overclock it to 550/600 from 520/560 with zero artifacts and no issues.

Yeah, it doesn't support pixel shader 3.0 - wow big deal. A little less eye candy, but it does come through with some serious performance.

I've benched 6459 in 3Dmark05 and 66,230 in Aquamark3.

A 30mhz overclock on a core and 40mhz on ram is nothing at all.

That's a few percent, no overclock is good unless you hit over 10%.

For a little info no the 6800GT compared to the x800XL (which is worse than the XT), check the link I have at the bottom of my sig. Should tell you what performance wise is the choice to make for today's games.

image0026ht.gif

X800XT PE is better than the 6800 Ultra but it dosnt support pixle shading 3.

But over here in Australia i can get a 7800 for the same price as a 6800 Ultra... weird.

Sprooty said:
But over here in Australia i can get a 7800 for the same price as a 6800 Ultra... weird.

Where the hell from?... Must be either an upcoming 7800 GT (apparently to be released on the same day as Quakecon starts; 11th this month), or a typo.

Sparkle? Never heard of 'em. If it was a Leadtek I'd have fell off my chair.

Still, for a 7800 GTX that's some fooked up prices you found there...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom