SATA not recognized

Status
Not open for further replies.

huck_finn

Baseband Member
I think I've tried everything, but my new SATA hard drive isn't being recognized. Hardware specs are in the sig below

I've tried both the orange (nvidia) and red (SLII?), but I cant seem to get the drivers off the cd properly... i keep getting errors when trying to load them. I've downloaded the nvidia drivers from giga-byte.com but that hasn't worked either.

The floppy shows up in the bios, so I believe it's working.

I've tried doing the windows xp install using the F6, but that doesn't work either, if I skip it it says no hard drive found.

At one point I was able to format the drive through the bios, but now it's not recognized.

I've been googling like crazy but no luck... I'm open to any ideas. Thanks for the help!! ... again!

Nubius said:
F6 at the beginning of windows and getting the drivers off the floppy is the only way you can install a SATA drive for a fresh install....otherwise you'd have to make a slipstream CD.

http://greenmachine.msfnhosting.com/READING/addraid.htm

It turns out that the hard drive was defective. I called WD and i'm getting an RMA from newegg.

I still think there's a problem with the floppy drive though, it churns, but I cant boot from it... even with my other hd's. I'm not sure what the problem is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom