Lot's of 64 bit CPU's being built, but....

Status
Not open for further replies.

BASSMASTER

Daemon Poster
Every other post I read, somebody has an AMD Athlon 64 bit processor. My question is this, does everybody also have Windows XP X64? I mean to really get a performance boost out of these processors, you need to have a 64 bit OS.

And what about gamers? Even if you have X64, are your FPS really that much better, because these games aren't built on 64 bit architecture?

Windows Vista is 64bit and coming out in 2006. Processor companys are preparing for it. 64bit is the future in computing.

SHAWN said:
Windows Vista is 64bit and coming out in 2006. Processor companys are preparing for it. 64bit is the future in computing.

I know it's the future, but I'm talking about the people that have 64 bit processors right now. Are they all running xp64?

I don't have an AMD 64 Bit myself but I do know that Far Cry released a free 64 Bit upgrade for those that bought the original 32 Bit game.

AMD64 version of Far Cry

I do agree that I see many people boast of their 64 Bit rigs but continue to use a 32 Bit OS. At the very least, they could partition a drive and install a 64 Bit Linux distro. :D

correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't microsoft say something about people being able to extchange their 32-bit xp cd for a x64 cd no charge?

i have x64, only costs shipping to get it, then you have to find 64 bit drivers that are good for all your hardware, thats the hard part for most i think
personally the only real use that makes it worth having is Farcry using the 64bit upgrade pack...its sweet

i have it uninstalled at th emoment cuz i have vista beta1 installed, but untill i can use all my progs at 64 bits rather than have my 32 bits emulated i'll say for now that x64 is crap

Most 32 bit apps run as good if not marginally better under 64 bit OS... how do you figure its "crap"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom