help me please!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
the dvdrw will be a cdrw aswell though wont it so there is probobly no need keeping them both, also the harddrive is maxtor i dno :/

You might as well keep them both installed. Who knows, you may want to burn two cd's at the same time! Then you need to run Max-blast from your cd at boot and configure the hd to 1 partition of 250 gigs.

omg does it ever stop! lol i just got a blue screen of doom.. it said it formatted ok but was 130gb and i partitioned it so c: was 30gb then it installed the set up said will restart restarted did that windows time bar thing then went onto a blue screen you know the one "if this is the first time you see this screen" saying something is corrupt :/ ??ey!

Your Maxtor drive came with MaxBlast, right? Take out the DVD RW dirve and use only the cdrw to install windows. After you have setup your drive to be one partition of 250 gigs. Reformat NTFS with xp and then install windows. When it is up and running, add the dvdrw as a slave!! If you get the blue screen again..your drdrw is in trouble!!!

nah i didnt get any software with the harddrive its a maxtor 250 7200 sata drive thou can you tell me which software i need :)

rite i did it to boot from cd with xp disk in got onto installing new version of windows then another blue screen "PFN_LIST_CORRUPT" whats going on :/ does that mean the hard drive is shagged?

how should i burn it to the cd? just normally?

or is that version to be run once the operating system is installed?

you can just burn it to cd and it should be bootable. There is a choice that says bootable iso so try that as well. When you go into the Cmos is the Sata recognized as the master?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom