Check Out My New Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
j4ckaL said:
Acually UT2K4 is one of the games I am definitly going to get. :confused:

Do you think a 3700+ San Diego with a 7800GTX would be better for gaming than an FX55 with a 6800GT/Ultra?
Yes. You can overclock the 3700+ to as fast as the FX-55 and sometimes faster on stock cooling. BTW, nice choice on speakers, I got the Klipsch ProMedia Ultra 5.1s instead however because they have a better subwoofer. Also, I would wait on the mouse, because Razer is going to release the Copperhead very soon and it is 2000 dpi, has adjustable weight, laser tracking, and 32k of cache memory. See here:
http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/peripherals/razer-copperhead-114796.php

003 said:
Yes. You can overclock the 3700+ to as fast as the FX-55 and sometimes faster

The logic here is lost on me always. Yes you could overclock the 3700+ to stock fx-55 but if you overclocking already then you could overclock the fx-55 much higher then the 3700+ will go. Still making the fx-55 the much better cpu.

mgoldb2 said:
The logic here is lost on me always. Yes you could overclock the 3700+ to stock fx-55 but if you overclocking already then you could overclock the fx-55 much higher then the 3700+ will go. Still making the fx-55 the much better cpu.
yeah, but the problem is I can't afford both the FX55 and the 7800gtx so I have to choose between the top end processor or top end gfx card. Well I know FX55 isn't the total top of the line any more but the FX57 is crazy expensive.:eek:

Well sounds like the 3700+ and 7800GTX is the way to go.

thaks for all the help.

Oh one more question, does my case have enough stock cooling to OC the 3700+ to FX55 speeds?

Can someone look at the case I've chosen and tell me if the stock cooling in it is good enough for simple overclocks like the one mentioned above?

Alright, nevermind about the case. I'm sure the stock cooling in it is good with one 90mm and two 120mm fans.

thanks for the advice guys. I saved $300.00 and upgraded my gfx card to a 7800gtx.:)

since we're on the topic of 7800's wich brand shuld i get: BFG or EVGA? and can any1 share alittle info on the OC'd card EVGA is comin out with?

I'm getting BFG because they come already OC'ed.:D

Also someone just posted something up about the new eVGA card. It's called the "KO" I think. Look in the hardware section.

mgoldb2 said:
umm no not really. the FX-55 comes in either the Newcastle or San Diego core. the San Diego is the better core for overclocking, however the 3700+ is also a San Diego.
the only difference is that the FX-55's multiplier can also go up as well as down. the 3700+'s multiuplier can go down only.

this isn't an issue, since if anything you would be lowering the multiplier anyway, to get a higher HTT for faster memory access.
if you raise the multiplier, you will be able to get about the same maximum core speed, but you won't get the HTT as high

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom