6800GT cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.

BxSlipSk8718

In Runtime
Hey i wanna Get a New heatsink for my 6800GT is there any really good passive heat sinks that any one can recomend to me?

I really dont know how well those things perform. I imagine they perform adequately, but not better than average. You should really have some active cooling on something that is overclocked, or immensely powerful. It is going to conduct alot of heat, you want to get it out of there, and passive just wont do it IMO.

That is the better of the passive cooling for video cards though.

oOo i c so is it like low noise cuz im dubing my pc as a file and web server for my myspace so i intend on running it 24/7

The one in your syg? If it is a server, hmm, just reset the card to stock speeds. At stock the card dosent get TOO hot, and the no noise cooler will perform better than the stock one (on the card you have, anyway) so if it is running stock speeds and not too hot, you are good.

heh yea im sellin this one and gettin a leadtek my freind is buyin it off me for 300 bucks i just got it a week ago

well that one from frozen cp looks a little to fancy to be 40$ probably no good lol.Go with the zalman.

BxSlipSk8718 said:
heh yea im sellin this one and gettin a leadtek my freind is buyin it off me for 300 bucks i just got it a week ago

Alright, the Leadtek comes with a monstrous cooler on it, and it would be very detrimental to performance to replace that one, because you will more than likely replace it with an inferior cooler. Make the rest of your computer passive, you should still have a fan or two just to circulate air, especially in a server. An entirely passive server isnt wise man, they are always clicking away and making alot of heat.

Timmer: That cooler is very good as far as passive coolers go, dont judge it by the looks. It's only metal, cost them MUCH less than $40 to make it, I'm sure somewhere around $4 to make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom