help me please!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kandy

Solid State Member
i just bought a lot of new parts to make a new computer installed them all safely using anti static devices ect...

when i put the xp cd in to load the op system it gets to "checking computer hardware config" or something along those lines and freezes..

i dont know what to do.. all i thought is i maybe installed something wrong but i dont know where to check what is installed wrong because its all been done how i think is right..

this is the 1st time ive installed pci-e and sata components tho.. anyway heres the spec list, hope someone can give me a helping hand :)
thanks

amd 64 3700 sandiego 1mb cache
2x 1gb sticks patriot duel channel ram
lanboy nforce 4 ultra-d motherboard
club geforce 7800 gtx
audigy sound blaster 2 zs
pioneer dvdrw
maxtor 7200 sata harddrive

any help would be great the pc is stable well it has been on the cmos page for a good 2 hours and hasnt crashed or anything.. if that means anything!

anyway i'll wait for a reply, thanks agian for even reading this!

alex

It does mean something! Your mobo bios works!! What condition is the xp cd in? It's it heavily scratched? You might have a component failure. Pull out everything but the CDrom, Floppy, Hrd drive and video card. Try to install the minimal amount of stuff on the sata master (assuming you set it up properly to be recognized as such). If windows installs okay start adding stuff, one at a time untill you find the culprit. It's time consuming but worth the effort!

its slightly scratched but i know for a fact it works because it did earlyer today on another pc! is there anything i need to do specifically to set up the sata drive? and i tried bootin without the soundcard and still no joy

Have you tried

Did your BIOS recognize all your hardware???
Otherwise, like the other thread add extra hardware later
:eek:

dont have a floppy just tried with my old cdrw drive and it works.. why didnt it work with the new dvdrw drive? weird!!!

another thing ive just notised windows says i have 130gb drive not 250???

ah just found its an xp bug kinda thing anybody know the quickest way to fix this?

Your HD is not set up properly. If it is a western digital Sata, set it as a slave in a two hd system and use Western Digital set up cd...you can allocate the sata to 1 partition 250 gigs. Did you check to see if the dvdrom rw is jumpered as a master? If you have a cdrom rw, set it as the master and your dvd as the slave and then attempt to install windows. You might as well use both drives!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom