?set the active partition?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IntelUser101

In Runtime
okay, wasnt sure where this belonged but, story is that im trying to install mandrake 10.1 on my other hard drive..and have winxp pro and mandrake, so i try to use partition magic 8 to change the linux drive to linux ext3 and set my active partition to my xp drive(the one im currently using) before i save, exit, and restart..well it gets stuck on 66% and gives me an error, and then i have to restart and im trying to figure out if i can set my active partition on dos or safe mode or what..someone please help me

IntelUser101 said:
okay, wasnt sure where this belonged but, story is that im trying to install mandrake 10.1 on my other hard drive..and have winxp pro and mandrake, so i try to use partition magic 8 to change the linux drive to linux ext3 and set my active partition to my xp drive(the one im currently using) before i save, exit, and restart..well it gets stuck on 66% and gives me an error, and then i have to restart and im trying to figure out if i can set my active partition on dos or safe mode or what..someone please help me

try to close all your app's running and then try, safe mode well try it.

Partition Magic (which I don't use so i'm not positive) should guide you through setting your active partition. Good old fashioned FDISK does that for you, so i'm sure that's how.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom