Do I need to upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiger6400

Beta member
Hello this is my first post to this forum.I have a athlon xp 2600 mobile OC'ed to 2.4G,with 1 gig of pc 3200 mem.I was wondering would it be worth while getting a athlon xp 3200 for an upgrade. I would like to get into the athlon 64's but I cant aford it.Would the athlon 3200 give be better FPS.when I'm play online games or am I just going to have to wait untill I get the money for the athlon 64's.

yeap wait till u can get an athlon 64 or even an x2 lol. that would be like getting a 2.0ghz celeron and then upgrading to a 2.4ghz celeron definitly not woth it.

not even close to being worth it. You're trading in 'old' for 'slightly less old'. It's like this. You're married to a 60 year old woman. Should you trade her in for a 58 year old woman for THAT price..?

Ryan

Thank's for the advice guy's.Look's like I'm going to wait until I have enough money for the athlon 64's but It's just so hard to wait lol.Thank's again.

For a standard system I agree It's good enough for now. But I'm trying to compete with people that have much better systems than I.I play enemy territory a fps.I get around 40-50 frams per second in a fire fight that sounds good but it's not I talk to these guy's that have the athlon 64 system's and they get like 150-200 fram's per second in fire fight.These are the same guys I used to play with a couple of years ago and owned them just about every time I saw them but now since they have upgraded there systems I can't touch them.

don't try to keep up with the jones's... There's always some snotty rich kid and dad keeps upgrading his computer for him. You'll never be on top of the heap, and if you are, next week he'll go upgrade to the best video card on the market

Ryan

tiger6400 said:
Hello this is my first post to this forum.I have a athlon xp 2600 mobile OC'ed to 2.4G,with 1 gig of pc 3200 mem.I was wondering would it be worth while getting a athlon xp 3200 for an upgrade. I would like to get into the athlon 64's but I cant aford it.Would the athlon 3200 give be better FPS.when I'm play online games or am I just going to have to wait untill I get the money for the athlon 64's.

Your mobile would probolly outpeform it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom