abit an-8 issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

freechus9

In Runtime
i just built a completely new rig and im having severe problems. here's what i have in it:

abit an8-v motherboard
amd athlon 64 3000+ socket 939
1 gig (2x512) corsair xms pc3200
abit radeon x700pro 256 mb pci-e
thermaltake silent purepower 480W
creative soundblaster audigy2 platinum pro
wd 300gb harddrive master
quantum 20gb harddrive slave (its really old)
lite-on dvd-rw
samsung cd-rw/dvd combo
windows xp pro sp1

anyway, i can get everything booted up fine most of the time, but every time windows is loaded, anywhere from 2 mins to 10 mins after booting the system freezes completely. also, the system has had a few random restarts as well as blacking out as soon as the windows xp logo during startup disappears. i removed one of the sticks of ram, but the same problem happens. i thought it was a faulty windows xp install and/or a problem with the included u-guru overclock utility..i deleted the partition and did a fresh install, but before i could install the mobo drivers the same thing happened. any ideas? ive had it with this mobo (as im convinced that its the problem), but i need your help!!

oh, and i just changed the ram speed from ddr400 to ddr333 in the bios to see what would happen, and windows got corrupted somehow. i didnt set an administrator pass, so repair console is worthless and i need to do another re-install. i love life SO much.

one more thing..while installing windows again, the computer froze while i was entering the cd-key. this is getting rediculous. i am seriously planning on returning all these parts and getting a laptop or something because i dont know if i can handle much more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom