cd rom led mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

ben_1001

Baseband Member
hey i wanted to change my led in my cd rom the a blue one, does any one know what he output on the led should be, ie 14,000mcd 16,000mcd 8,000mcd?? thanks

The blue LEDs are really bright. I'd go with a low powered/output one.

Try to find one of each power somewhere so you can judge its brightness yourself, as you are the one who has to live with it.

hey i got one and it could be brighter but it was only a low low level so even if i go for somthing maybe doulbe what i got i should be right,
only took 45minutes of piss farting about to get it in lol
was my first time haha

ok now i have a hard question, most of you who have pulled appart a dvd or a cd burner, would have noticed that the led has to colours, and has the pins spoilered on the board, ? right!
does any one know which pins control what lights , if you undestand me, what i really need is some kind of spec sheet or diagram lol

I know what you mean, but I'm afraid that would be immensely difficult. Alot of time, when you get a case that has built in face plates for the CDROMS, they have a colored lens over the light hole, so it changes the color of the LED. I dont think I would try to change the one on the CD ROM drive, there would be a great risk of ruining the drive.

As for hard drive LED, did you mean the one on the case? Did you get it working? You said you were doing alot of piss farting (you must have drawn some mud at one point or another :p) so does it work correctly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom