EMERGENCY! Mouse is dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heyyo,

Hmm, wireless usb mouse? guys, he probably spent good cash onnit. Most likely your drivers might've crapped on ya. If your mouse has a reset button use it. If it has a dock with a reset button hit that too.

You'll definately need to dig up soem drivers, if that fails then the mouse died somehow.

Anywho, yeah, as a temp fix you could just buy a cheap little mouse for the meantime.

Replace batteries? Mice eat them up faster than many might think. Other than that, Makaveli was right, download the drivers and reinstall.

ThE_MarD, you're right. That thing cost me $25 (and for me that's a lot). It's a miniture wireless USB optical wheel mouse, not a common combination.

The batteries are obviously not the problem, as device manager calls the receiver unrecognized and all the LEDs on the mouse itself are functioning. All the same I did change them for new batteries. No change.

I can't reinstall drivers because I seem to have to have damaged my XP installation disk and all the info about the manufacturer is accross the ocean.

Like I said I'm making do with a PS2 trackball. If I can solve this problem good. Otherwise I guess I can survive until I get back to the states.

there isn't a manufacturer name or model number on the mouse that you could search for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom