Dual Core Processing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inferior

Solid State Member
I was wondering. Does Dual Core Processors come with two processors? Or is it like 2 Processors in one chip. Also, how do you know if your motherboard will fit the case? I am building a computer, and before I order I want to know first. Im building a AMD Computer. I don't know if I got all the right stuff and all. I'm more like a Rookie or Amatuer in building computers.

A dual core processor in a chip with two cores built into the die. You have one chip, one processor, but with two cores operating independently within it. Any ATX case will fit an ATX board, same with BTX, AT, Micro ATX etc.

gaara said:
Any ATX case will fit an ATX board, same with BTX, AT, Micro ATX etc.

Stick with ATX. Keep your life simple and buy a case that says ATX and a motherboard that fits ATX. All ATX variations will fit, i.e. ATX micro.

Ryan

ATX sucks and is highly outdated, as well as BTX is not that great either, power has to be changed.

What Gaara said is true, but any mATX board will fit an ATX case as well.

exactly... mATX is a variation... They're compatible. I don't see how the shape of the motherboard and screw placement can outdate unless something completely revolutionizes how every component is shaped.

Ryan

bro just check the form factors to know if it will fit. and gaara is right about the dual core. couldnt have put it better myself

DJ-CHRIS said:
ATX sucks and is highly outdated, as well as BTX is not that great either, power has to be changed.

Haha, so what would you suggest he goes with then?

^^^ Yeah, seriously.

Something sucks and is outdated just because its been around a long time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom