I ordered my setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

FghtinIrshNvrDi

Fully Optimized
I'm so excited. I newegged my new setup, except for the case. I hope the cheap 450 watt power supply is one of the miraculous ones that actually works. If not, I have a very stable 300 watt backin me up. Anyway, Here's what it's lookin like.

GIGABYTE GA-K8NSC-939 Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce3 250Gb ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail
link

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ 1GHz FSB Socket 939 Processor - Retail
link

Rosewill 512MB (2 x 256MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Dual Channel Kit System Memory - Retail
link

I hope I did my homework, cause it's ordered and the money's gone. What do you all think?

Ryan

well, when your budget is as tight as mine... You'll notice how far a dollar goes. I have a 300 dollar budget and am reusing a lot of components such as my cd burner and my wireless internet card, and a few hard drives.

Ryan

The only thing I woudl change is the Rosewill RAM. I would have got a more trusted brand such as Corsair, OCZ, Kingston, Patriot, Mushkin, G. Skillz, ect.

There's nothing wrong with that rosewill ram. I've used that same dual channel kit in several budget client builds. It will do just fine for you. As long as your not overclocking...

Good luck ... Happy building...

hmm, I actually found quite a deal on the ram. It's refurbished. Criticize all you want, but it was a great deal, and I wanted something to work in dual channel. I got those things for about 35 dollars. I say it's a good deal.

Here's my logic on refurbished items: They broke initially, right? They sent them back to the manufacturer, and the manufacturer has to locate the problem and correct it. They then test it again, and if it's good, they ship it. Well, Rosewill inc. testing the ram for me is a good sign on whether or not it works.

I won't be overclocking at all, and I just need ram in amounts, not super-hot pay extra quality. I'll upgrade another 512 when I get my hands on the cash. This PC's purpose is to run Age of Empires III when it comes out this winter.

Ryan

i was about to say that you could have done way better, but thats great for 300 bucks. 1 thing to check tho, is your old case/ psu compatable with the mobo? as in would it fit in? and the psu,does it have teh same size power connector as the mobo?

as a matter of fact, it does. What I did was scrap a PSU ouf of a decomissioned server from my school, and it's compatible. I was happy about this find. Otherwise, I'm going to try the cheapy 450 watt one that comes in the case I ordered

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom