Random Computer Restarts and Crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minsk

Solid State Member
Hi

This only happens when I am playing games, and it seems to be only the newer games that cause the problem, but my computer randomly restarts while I am playing. It does not seem like there is a certain period of time before it restarts.

My computer is the following:

MB: Chaintech 7vjl EZ
CPU: AMD Athlon XP 2100+
RAM: 512MB DDR
Video: Excaliber RADEON 9600 pro
HDD: 1xSeagate 80gb 1xSeagate 120gb
CD/DVD: 1xAopen 52x24x52 cd-rw 1xDVD-ROM 4x

The psu is 320watt max and I also have a PixelView PlayTV Pro.

I think the problem may be a hadware conflict, but I may be wrong. If anyone can help me, that would be great.

Is the PSU a generic one? If it is that may very well be your problem. I used to have random restarts until I finally got enough money to purchase a nice Antec 400w PSU...BTW(wattage isnt all that matters, though that PSU may claim to produce 320w, if its generic it probably doesnt produce nearly that)

Open up the case and tell us what brand is on it. Or just answer this question, did you purchase the case, and it came with a powersupply already installed? Was it rather cheap $50 or under??

I brought this case and it did have this power supply.
Its an Olympus ATX-320W/P4/Dual Fan

i have no idea. 512 ddr is all i know

I think the problem is overheating, as it only happens while im playing games, ie. using more cpu, and i have a fairly poor cpu fan.

yes definately get a more powerful power supply. if this doesn't clear up your memory try underclocking your system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom