eMachines Athlon No Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

dipique

In Runtime
Here's the computer, guys. It's not my own (wouldn't take an eMachines as a gift), it's one I'm trying to fix.

• VIA L7VMM MoBo
  • Athlon XP 2000+ Processor
  • Crappy PSU (already tried swapping; it isn't the problem)
  • 512 mb Samsung RAM

Computer turns on, all the fans start spinning, but the monitor light doesn't even turn green. I already disconnected the other components to isolate the problem, so I didn't bother putting them in the list. Incidentally, the computer isn't new. I'm not sure when it's from but it's at least a couple years old.

Any ideas on how to get the stupid thing to post?

Dan

Heyyo,

I'm guessing the ram or cpu man, sometimes even the mobo's die. Now, the cpu and ram seem to be of good quality, so I'd try those parts onna diff mobo without the HD or anything connected. Cause yeah, you don't need that stuff to POST. Just have the PSU connected to the mobo, and the cpu and ram in there.

If you have a spare mobo laying around that supports socket A and DDR 400 ram? give it a go. If yours supports it? you could also try it there.

[EDIT]
Btw, emachines aren't ALL that bad. They say emachines has the best customer support for a big computer brand company.. so that has to count for something. :p

Thanks, that was what I was afraid of. I guess i was hoping I could click my heels together twice and tap it with an AMD logo and make things all better. I appreciate the input and when I get it working again I'll drop a note.

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom