Bought a computer need help to see if matches specs when advertised

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Actually, I have the Box from your system right here, it Says 2.8 Celeron D with Hyper Threading? I'll take a picture if needed. Thanks Rob, we'll make sure your good to go."

wow, what a mess. I wish I saw this thread earlier.
anyway, I really hope you get your money back Raze.

some things I would like to confirm:
Celerons do not have Hyperthreading
Alienware do not correspond with IBM
Alienware do not sell cases seperately
Alienware would not use FX-5200's
overclocking voids warranties. her telling you to do so was downright wrong.
what she did was false advertising, even if it was a mistake on her end.
a computer with the specs advertised, even if they had got it right, is not worth $1300 US. it's not even worth $1300 AUS.

when you buy or build your next computer, we'll help you out. most of us here are very knowledgable in computers, and we can recognise a good deal from a rip-off and/or scam.

for $1700, I would suggest something like
DFI NF4 Ultra-D
Athlon 64 X2 4200+ to 4800+ depending on how much they are. I haven't really looked at the pricings of these yet - these CPU's have 2 cores. they are really good for multitasking.
if those are too much, or you decide not to go dual core, the 3700+ San Diego is a really good CPU to get
Nvidia 7800 GT or ATI X900, depending on which one turns out better (the X900 is not out yet)
2x512MB G.Skill RAM with Samsung TCCD's. it can run at DR600 guaranteed.

newegg, monarchcomputers and zipzoomfly are good computer stores in the US. newegg is probabbly the favourite.

Heyyo,

Ouch! now this's why I'll never buy expensive stuff off the net. Especially e-bay.

You gotta watch out guys, lots of scams on the net, lots. I almost got scammed myself. Some apparent "chick" said she was stranded in africa, and she needed cash to get her out of there. She said she was 21, from NY, and that her dad just needed me to cash some travellers cheques at a local money mart (GUYS, careful with places like money mart, they're susseptible to scams as I came to notice), and send them the cash. Sounds easy enough eh? so I get the cheques, but the name on the cheques diddn't even match the name on the envelope which wasn't even the name of the apparent guy and chick! So I asked for a pic, the "chick" pic "she" sent me was some freakin' 14 year old kid! and then I realized, for being white, she had hella horrible writing. This had scam written all over it. So I said I needed a few days to get the cheques done, someone phones, it was some (no offense to any who are, but I'm hella pissed off at this person still) freakin' paki or something! white my ass indeed. He even threatened to kill me or send the "FBI" after me if I diddn't cash the cheques. Right. At this point I took it all to the local authorities. Inded, it's called something like a Pakistaninan scam or something like that. Some scamming punk in Europe asks for people to cash travellers cheques at money mart or someother loan place (NOTE: never the bank cause you have to wait a few days as they check for authenticity), and you send them the cash. THAT CASH IS ACTUALLY YOUR CASH SINCE THE TRAVELLER'S CHEQUE IS FAKE AND SOMEONE HAS TO CLAIM RESPONISIBILITY FOR THEM!

Luckly I was too mart for this crap. No bs for me. But some unlucky dude, maybe 70 years old got scammed and diddn't catch on in time, and was reporting to the cops about it. Poor bugger..

The world is a sadistic place, damn sadistic. The world is definately going to hell guys. When downright theives exploit kind and caring people like this, makes me wish I was just a wolf or something. They have honor, there's no backstabbing, there's no society crap like us humans have.

Anyways, Raze, wish I could hear the finale on this, hope you send this connie to hell for the crap they did to you, and to others. And always guys, ALWAYS make sure the return policy doesn't suck. If it says crap like "exchange only" then it's a bad business. Especially music stores like CD Plus that won't let you return a bummed music cd if you open the package. HECK! I opened the damn package in the store, tried it on my cd player INFRONT of them, and they still wouldn't take it back. Man, if I knew where the owner lived, I would've ran over her dog, or cat or whatever... ripp-off freaks.

damn i just saw this thread and all i can saw is wow....i would love to hear what became of this if raze is back or anything. sorry to revive this thread thats so old but this is crazy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom