RAID, SCSI, PM2044UW, Make sense to anobody?

Status
Not open for further replies.
right. I have an os on the computer alreadi. I have a hd hooked up through IDE. I wanted to use these others as an add on to that or will this not work? I have an extra comp lying around? Would it work better converting it to a file server? Cause i wanna store dvd isos on it (yes they are legal isos)

Yes you can use it as storage. But your gonna need a PCI SCSI card for your computer, and a SCSI cable to hook up the enclosure.

well, hook it up!!!! And enjoy the power of at least 4 drives in a SCSI raid.

It would be good for storing ISO's. and other random files.

are you reading the posts im making?
put in the card, and i hooked up everything, and the computer posted, showed the sata driver thing that always shows as the computer posts, then it says something about SCSI which means something good is happening, then it jus stops. any ideas?
thats what happens when the computer boots with the SCSI card in, the enclosure cord going into the scsi external input and one scsi hd on the internal input on the scsi card

also, the enclusure has leds on it. there are 3 of the 4 hds in the inclosure. thats how i got it. i got an extra one from a storage closet. the 3 leds light up red. is this good or bad. also the leds on the scsi card are red too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom