Frying worries...whew!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quintox

Daemon Poster
Ok, so you guys should know about my big problem by now (basically i fried my PSU by upping the voltage).

So, now that my PSU was gone, I was desperate so I tried a dells PSU. (yes, omg I'm dumb). It apparently can F up your mobo by doing that, but I didnt smell or see anything weird when I tried it.

After all the crap my computer has been through, I want to still see if the mobo is OK before I go out and buy a new one.

Since my new PSU is on its way, I have no way of telling if it works. Is there anyway to visually look at the mobo to see if its ok?

I have heard something with those silver cylinders being sprouted at the top. (that looks fine btw).

I did a check on the mobo, looks fine and smells fine, just dunno how it truly is.

Thanks

your mobo should be fine and the only way to tell if its not if by checking the cylinders (semiconductors) because it is impossible to tell if the chipset if fried in most cases

Yes, thank you all guys, everywhere else I go everyone always flames me like "You are so stupid, why'd you do that blahablah, I hope it's fried b/c of how dumb you are!"

No kidding either.

BTW: It should be here today YAY!

Well, tell all those people to go f*ck themselves. If you knew it would be bad, you wouldnt have done it. You learned, and they are ignorant, so give them all a big f*ck you.

You could closely examine the board and see if there is any burn marks on it, as they sometimes appear when you fry something. Also check to see if any of the capacitors are bulged at all, but it would just be ewasiest to wait for your new PSU, because that is the only way to tell for sure. You may not even know that it is fried for a few weeks of constant use, that happened to me. My fried board slowly got worse and worse, and than finally BAM! It was all done. Just run the hell out of some benchmarks (SuperPI and 3Dmark) and you will find out if it is fried or not.

I have looked over my board, nothing appears burnt, no capacitors bulged.

I dunno how to benchmark but I'll figure it out later. :)

Not exactly the most difficult thing to do. You get the program, close all other programs, and let the benchmark run for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom