• Lycos Services, search/email

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

fitzjj

Daemon Poster
woke up thismorning to find my computer had died. moved the mouse and it moved nicely around a black screen but nothing else. Left it for a bit then restarted. It booted and the windows screen came up. it started playing the tune that plays when windows loads the sound screwed up it made fizzing sound and died.

I seem to remember it waking me a couple of times in the night making random noises - possibly the hard drives, but seeing as they are SMART enabled and there was no error on boot i am thinkin mobo or overheating... didnt have time to check this morning so when i get home from work later i will try and figure out what is wrong

you have had a breif insight so... PLACE YOUR BETS!!!

(cant remember but it might be OC'd slightly, which probably didn't help)

Heyyo,

Hmm, this one is an interesting problem. Check inside your comp, try to smell anykindof burning smells. To me your mobo had some issues and let off some heat. Maybe a failed fan or something. Do you use programs like speedfan to monitor your comp's temps? If so, do you remember the temps before you went to sleep?

I've actually had 3 of those problems at the same time, last summer it was really hod and one of the fans in my computer got clogged with cat hair and stopped and it overheated, fried the mobo and fried the video card.

Problem found... well done to whoever went for the hard drive, the controller had died - well is acting up, it booted alright when i got back but i think it is new HD time.

That makes a total of two hard drives that died on me yesterday nice!! fortunately they were both on test machines so no real loss however this one had just had a new install of XP on it (which lasted a whole 10 minutes)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom