Need to overclock?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandingo

In Runtime
I am buiding this gaming PC as I speak. I am wondering if it is necessary to OC this machine, or will it be fine running stock speeds? I am not really interested in OCing due to the fact that it voids warranties and I probally dont even need it. But would like to hear what you have to say.

Case- Aspire X-Cruise
Psu- OCZ Modstream 520w
Mobo- DFI Lanparty UT nF4 Ultra D
Processor- AMD 64 3200+ Venice
RAM- Corsair Value select 1gb (2 x 512mb) DDR400 PC3200
Video- Evga Geforce 6600gt PCI- Xpress
H.D.- Seagate Barracuda 7200 80gb
CD- Sony CD/RW
Floppy- Sony 1.44 mb
Adding some fans. Will be...1 x 120mm in back, 2 x 80mm in front and 1 x 80mm on top and ofcourse The Modstream has its own 120mm fan.

I have a system very similar to yours and it flies at stock speeds. So unless you want to do it, there is no need for overclocking. Besides with your ram, you wouldn't be able to get very far anyways. It seems like you got all the parts needed for a good overclock, except for your ram.

I have a system similar as well, you doint need to Oc unless you want to run bf2 on higher settings. Your memory wouldnt allow much ocing anyway. No use in ocing the cpu if you dont oc ram. 6600 gt could be oced a bit though.

Great! sounds good.. I can always purchase better ram in the future then if I want to OC..Thnx

you can raise the fsb of the whole system and the ram should keep up for quite a while. i suggest you overclock you video card if your playing doom3 or hl:2 or CS:Source
i can play those games 1024x700 something and aa:af all the way up along with everything else with no lag at all. but doom i can only play on hight no aa/af

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom