Help me choose 17 inch LCD display!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sony is my favorite!

I have to say I have not had much experience with the otehr brands you mention i have heard of them but have never seen them in action. I personaly I like sony stuff it is usualy works very well and is high quality. I have a sony CD-RW and DVD-RW that work wonderfully. I have also noticed with LCDs that the screen size seems bigger than on a CRT it may be due to the curve of the CRT to the flatness of the LCD my 18.1 inch Replaced a 19 inch CRT and I can't tell the difference in size. I set them side by side and They look almost Identical in size.

For hard core gaming it is usually recommended to go with a CRT monitor. You just missed the after Thanksgiving sales on LCDs. I picked up a 19" that had a $220 rebate.

All three of the LCDs you noted are great and I wouldn't feel bad owning either one.

Techie23 you are correct. On the CRT, the black bands that you have on both sides of the screen eat up about 1" of the screen space. Note that your LCD doesn't have these black bands. I replaced my 19" CRT with a 19" LCD and let there is more actual screen space on the LCD.

personally going with the one with the lowest dot pintch point would be the best , for gaming, no strain on eyes and a way better picture view

i got a samsung 193v 19" lcd works perfectly

there is the 17" a little crappier viewing angle, contrast ratio and brightness i think but still a nice monitor.

Im telling you Samsung has nice LCDs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom