Pentium 2 Heatsink On A Radeon

Status
Not open for further replies.
lapping is out of the question im not risking

there is enough room to fit it on, i just need to make 2 holes on the heatsink FOR the screws

so u think that i cant just remove that one and apply this one?

320 works great right now, 329 works for about 2 hours.

are ram sinks useful?

my ram is hynix and its running at 430 and can do 440 or 445 but its stock is 400. I tryed 460 and it works for a while before artifacts show up.

I use ramsinks on my graphics card, and they help. I's suggest applying some arctic silver(the permanent adhesive type) for the ram sinks. The ones I use are the OCZ copper ram-sinks. They do come with thermal pads, but i like the A/S better.

BTW, they come 4 per package...so you may need two packs.

its shuts off at 348mhz.

at 329 it works for a while with no artifacts but messes up later.

at 333 it works for about 2 minutes without artfacts

you guys do know that my card has only a very tiny passive heatsink, its a little black thing looks like a northbridge cooler for my via kt 400.

lol its small and no fan either

for the ram i tryed it and it works at 440, over the 400 original, it says 4s on it. so what does that mean? how many mhz? i dunno
I tryed making my own ramsinks by glueing on screws onto them, and this didnt help much, even tho the screws did take some of the heat away. Its Hynix memory btw.

P.S. how do u remove the heatsink / freezing it? lol or how its really fu*king strong the adhesive they used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom