LCD screen DVI and Analog?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so this is weird I just played a movie through windows media player. It was a clip where I connected directly and video was fine. A bit splotchy, but thats because it was direct movie content over internet. Interestingly enough there was no color problems?! Any ideas vader pro? Wouldn't that eliminate the LCD, video card, and system altogether? This would leave only the drive that is in question wouldn't it? Should I get a dedicated DVD ROM drive?

I saw an ad in the paper today for a 17" for like $170 or something. I am gonna get one cause its a local vendor and i can keep takin it back if it sux ;)

forlorn_ronin said:
Ok so this is weird I just played a movie through windows media player. It was a clip where I connected directly and video was fine. A bit splotchy, but thats because it was direct movie content over internet. Interestingly enough there was no color problems?! Any ideas vader pro? Wouldn't that eliminate the LCD, video card, and system altogether? This would leave only the drive that is in question wouldn't it? Should I get a dedicated DVD ROM drive?

Ya, download a few more movies and try em out....if good then try another dvd drive. Plain dvd drives are cheap these days, but dont buy the cheapest one you can get....i have a LG 4163b.

If you have a p2p program ie "ares galaxy", download some short movies overnite......

Bad news. The lcd is fine. Took it over to pops house and video was PERFECT. Damn here I thought it was going to be easy. Well Vader I looked into the fan and I can get the same Make but model 7000 w/led for 39.95 and 6.00 ship. If interested tell me I will send you the specs. Pay me by check or money order. If you want paypal I have to sell it at 43.95 because of the outrageous fees they take from me. Well anyway what should I do? DVD drive or you think maybe it is vidcard?

forlorn_ronin said:
Bad news. The lcd is fine. Took it over to pops house and video was PERFECT. Damn here I thought it was going to be easy. Well Vader I looked into the fan and I can get the same Make but model 7000 w/led for 39.95 and 6.00 ship. If interested tell me I will send you the specs. Pay me by check or money order. If you want paypal I have to sell it at 43.95 because of the outrageous fees they take from me. Well anyway what should I do? DVD drive or you think maybe it is vidcard?

First off, anything business related should be pmed....np, i looked into it and those fans wont fit in my case, so im gonna hold off for now, but thanks for doin that, much appreciated....

If you download some movies from the net and they play ok off your hard drive then your video card should be fine, i would think. so do that and then buy or borrow a dvd drive and try that....let me know....good you dont have to deal with returning a monitor though...thats the good news!

I have heard of some nvidia drivers giving a strange colour tint to everything, maybe worth considering.

I like Viewsonics, got 2 now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom