RAID, SCSI, PM2044UW, Make sense to anobody?

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazyb8ss

Baseband Member
I recently recieved the opurtunity to take any pieces I wanted from an old 90's server before it was trashed. I took the external Hard Drive Enclosure (houses a bunch, not sure how many) and the corresponding PCI card, and one of the internal drives that hooked into the pci cards inside slot thing. I know nothing of this sort of thing, just thought it would be nice to have some extra storage for my backed up dvds. (they eat through an 80 gb hd fast ;)) So, can anybody shed light on the subject for me and kinda give me a hint of what im dealing with. I know that the drives are at least 18 gb each and there are at least 4 (probibly more). I checked google and this card was being sold for $250-$500 depending on where you looked. If nobody can help, and i cant get it to work, i think i will ebay the whole lot and use the cash for more ram and another monitor. ;) I will post pictures of the enclosure, the card and the serial #'s when I arrive home from the office.

you can sell that whole SCSI enclosure with the multiple SCSI drives in a raid for some really good money. If they are in good working condition, and the case is in good condition working/cosmetically.....

Post it on ebay. Start it off at a dollar(it creates competition between bidders) A 5 day listing.

haha i just might. But seeing as how it came from a buisness i need to wipe the hds clean first

i put in the card, and i hooked up everything, and the computer posted, showed the sata driver thing that always shows as the computer posts, then it says something about SCSI which means something good is happening, then it jus stops. any ideas?

maybe the drives are wiped already, and there is no OS to boot up.

It is good that the SCSI BIOS came up too.............

EDIT: I just realized that it probably would not have an OS on it since it was an external enclosure. There might still be data on the drives. But no OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom