how to rest mother board??

Status
Not open for further replies.

bomt697

In Runtime
i had to take a part my computer for some school project, and i new something crap was going screw up when i put it back together. and as always bad luck seems to find me no matter where i be. long story short, i need to reset my mother board, back to factory settings, how do u do that on a Epox (model ep-8rda3+). thanks for the help

Take the battery out, leave it out for an hour (15 min will do in MOST cases).

Put it back in.

bomt697 said:
i had to take a part my computer for some school project, and i new something crap was going screw up when i put it back together. and as always bad luck seems to find me no matter where i be. long story short, i need to reset my mother board, back to factory settings, how do u do that on a Epox (model ep-8rda3+). thanks for the help

You can also clear the CMOS by moving the jumper from 1 & 2 to 2 & 3 for a few seconds, then putting it back on 1 & 2 and restarting.

Heres a link to your mobo manual for further reference

http://www-old.epox.nl/manuals/mu-8rda6%2B&3%2Bpro.pdf

now i got another problem. i got it working, and rebooted after a few mins. and after that it didnt reboot. i tried to the cmos battery thing again and it didnt work. i tried to do the same with the ram but it didnt work. on the mother board am getting a C1 msg, i looked it up and it says
memory detected
-auto-detection of dram size, type and ecc
-auto-detection of L2 cache (socket 7 or below)

can anyone tell me what this means? and what i can do to fix it.
what happens is when i power up it doesnt load up the bios, and the monitor light just keeps flashing.

wow u really do have bad luck lol. maybe u need to clean your motherdoard out. i think u can use a hose attatchment to clean everything out.

epox was the first mobo i ever had just take the battery out and unplug the power which you hopefully did before you opened the computer. or just load setup defaults in the bios. removing the battery does the same thing though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom