7c from just running winamp wtf>>??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbo-Athlon5

In Runtime
my comp was about 40 idle, and i turned on winamp listened to music for a while and the temp went to 47c after like 5mins.

athlon xp 2500+

is this normal
?

i set the multi to 13 x 167 to get 2170mhz and the idle temp is only 2mhz higher. when i use winamp and msn my temp is running at 56c, that is such bullshit..

when other times its idle at 42.

What type of heat-sink/fan do you use...and do you use a good thermal compound like arctic silver?

After listening to all these threads with all these problems with your temsp, Ive become convinced you need a change. Consider a new case (the mobo tray may be conducting alot of heat if removing the right panel helps alot), a new HS/Fan with AC5 and a couple more case fans.

Just to let u know, winamp 3 uses alot of cpu power.... try getting winamp 5....... i think it uses less...

Note: Even Winamp 5 uses an avg of 90% of my P4 2.66 With HT

That might be what your problem is... it jumps up so high cuz it is almost at max load

wow i didnt know winamp uses so much

i just need an intake hole and im set for cooling.

My temps go from idle to load range alot about 42-58

16c with the side panel off, mobo side panel side.

or with front off same results. thanks guys

i like my case and dont want to spend like 150 on a LAIN case, im happy with my good looking no name case cost me 70 (-10 rebate) CDN.

i use stock heatsink/fan, but its upgraded kinda, dropped 4c with this little upgrade i put copper pipe holder clips into some fins, and they stick out making the heatsink bigger, the copper clips warm up nicely and temps are roughly 3 or 4c cooler with this. I know i can get away with using the stock heatsink. I removed that thermal crap that was on it, and reapplyed generic thermal paste. the 3 dollar sh#t.

btw i used about 20 of these copper things they look like little "U"s they are for holding copper pipes against the wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom