Virus on computer - Need help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

PC_Beetlejuice

Beta member
Hello everyone

My computer recently got a virus called keffe.wm32 something like that and my computer loads up but when i double click a program nothing loads and the computer slows down.

Any idea wot the best thing to do is?

I can't get on the internet or nothing so should I re-install windows XP?

If so is there a way to do it in which i won't lose all my downloaded files?

Thanks

yeah i dunno... i think u might have named the virus wrong... i havent found anything on it, but yeah if u get the name of the virus, type it in on a search engine and look for a virus removal tool, then put that program onto a floppy disk, take it to your computer and run it, that should do the trick.

hey yeah.... he said couldnt connect to the net... so that probly wouldnt be an option for him

go to symantec.com for tools if ur antivirus software can't clean the virus. maybe it works

Is anyone reading the first post? LOL.
He cannot get on the net......

Ok, in this situation, I have a computer on my network that I designate "the bitch" computer....cause....I don't care about it or what happens to it. I just runs 2000 Pro with Norton 2003 and a lot of other ad scanning software. If I'm working on a computer that is in your situation, I'll remove the drive and then throw it into "the bitch" computer as a slave drive. I'll disconnect it from the network and run all of my tests like ad scanning, virus scanning....etc. If you have access to another PC, I would consider throwing this drive in as a slave drive. Just be careful as you don't want to infect this other computer. Hope this helps...

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom