strange problem with building new pc..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it just says ATX pwoer supply not ATX 2.0, as well as it's the cheap version of my case,

So i say, no it doesnt have a 24 pin PSU

Armethion said:
woah 219 bucks... dont know if i wanna spend that much on a power supply. would this work?
power supply

Well, yes and no. You bought a SLI MOBO. A nice one too. You should try to stick with PSU's that are tested and certified as SLI PSU's. Even if you are not using SLI now... You might in the future. Why wouldn't you make sure you have a SLI certified PSU now, and be futureproof. Plus you also should pick out a PSU with dual 12v rails.

Yes, PCP&C PSU's are very expensive. But, they come with a solid 5 year warranty and it's hands down that best PSU on the market. I guess you cuold probably get away with a cheapy for now... But, why take the risk of something else going wrong? SLI systems are nothing but MONEY PITS... Get used to it....

Oh comeon, yes cheap power supply's are bad, but you can get much cheaper PSU's that are almost as good as PCP&C

Enermax has some nice SLI certified PSU 's

chris, that one you posted looks nice, and i dont see why that wouldnt work. and even if it didnt work with sli for some reason, i wouldnt be using sli for awhile. its got a 24 pin connector and enough wattage so it looks good to me.plus...its 38 bucks... if in a few years i want to use sli then ill get some expensive one like that.

lol - chris... Everyone wants to slap me when i recommend PCP&C. I guess because most can't afford one. Yet, everyone agrees they re hands down the best. May-be there are a few that come very close for less money, but hell, I want the best.

$38.00 PSU - PLEASE GIVE ME A FREAKIN" BREAK!!! lol....

Nice components with a cheap PSU... perfect.

lol - chris...

Here - read this whole article at TOMSHARDWARE. They have been beating the hell out of a bunch of big brand name PSU's... 24 hour full load stress tests. http://www.tomshardware.com/howto/200507111/index.html

Only like 3 have survived. 2 of which were from who? You guessed it PCP&C... lol

good article havoc, but wouldnt a power supply like the $38.00 one be fine for just my one 6600gt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom