Broadband - network cable unplugged?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inaris said:
is it on an internal USB port or are you connecting through a hub? Also, have you looked to see what the power is for the USB port you are using? Some times, ports on the system don't have enough juice to runa device off of them, so you will need a powered hub to correct that. Also, why use the USB, when it's unstable? Get a CAT5 cable and conect that way, through a router... oh, yea, get a router too.

i agree, plug it in via your network card and see how that works for ya.

were do i plug it? my modem plugs in via a usb cable, how do i plug it into my network card?

you need to get a cat5 cable.

you can get those just about anywhere and then plug one end in to your modem and the other goes in to the netword card on your computer.

that's it.

do you have a network card installed on your computer?

I found out what the problem is, after almost 3 hours on the phone with aol and them telling me I didn’t have a problem I was put through to level 2 support where there ran a test on my phone line which came up fine. Then they ran three more tests, which showed that there is a small fault on my line, and will be fixed within 4 – 5 days.
Thanks for all the help anyway guys

ROFL..............another good reason for AOL to go belly up! I can smell their stinkiness!!!! Hy AOL...Line test = First thang!!!! Doh!
Hire someone other than Homer!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom