resets before loading OS

Status
Not open for further replies.

IBMan

Daemon Poster
Hi, I posted abuot this system before, the one i said wouldnt post. I narrowed that down to a CPU problem and replaced one of the CPUs(its a dual CPU A slot(P II or PIII early generation)). After replacing processor 2 the computer works..somewhat, so it has 3 SCSI 8 gig drives and one IDE 6 gig drive, 400 some meg of ram(3X 64 MB, 1X 256MB) I'm not asking how to get windows setup to access the SCSI drives although i do need to figure that out sometime, this HDD works fien so its not that, MY CD and the drive work fine, the processor works fine.

Whether I'm trying to install 2k pro, 2k server, XP Pro or 2003 Server, it runs thru text mode fine, it restarts as usual but RIGHT before it starts to load the OS to go into GUI mode the comptuer resets itself, i have no clue why and i want to fix this, any help is greatly appreciated.

UPDATE: well i got it past taht, i got the RAID card to work with 3 8.XX gig HDDs all adding up to 27.something thousand megs, partitioned that to 10 GB and17 some GB with the 10000 for the OS, it rebooted and loaded the OS but now i know why it was resetting, it came up with a Multiprocessor not supported BSOD, does this mean i have to install a 64 bit OS?

thx for reply, sry, not to make u feel like im ignoring you but im just asking if anyone else has a 2nd opinion

thx for replying Makaveli213

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom